Commonly used American slangs bdmclass

 


Commonly used slangs 
1. Basic (adj): boring 
- The movie was basic. 
- I was yawning most of the times. 
2.Bestie (n): best friend. 
- I normally hang out with my bestie. 
3. Break a leg: good luck 
- Please break a leg for your exam tomorrow. 
4. Chill or chill out (v) : relax 
- Finally, it is weekend.
- Let’s chill at the beach. 
5. Cray, nuts (adj) : crazy 
 - The traffic on Monday is always cray. 
 - Some of my besties are nuts. 
6. Dude (n) : used to call a person without using a name. 
- Dude, how’s it going? 
7. For real : honestly, certainly 
- I have already told you about that, for real. 
8. Slay (adj/ verb) : do something exceptionally great. 
- No one can do that but you did it. You slayed. 
9. Screw up : do something badly, ruin something 
- I screwed up my math exam yesterday. 
10. My bad : my mistake 
- I’m sorry. It’s my bad not to invite you to my party. 

11. You bet : of course, certainly 
- Do you want a cup of coffee? You bet.
12. Bruh or bra : is informally used in place of brother.
- Bruh, let's me show you how to do it.
- That's annoying, bra. Stop doing that.
13. Ghost : disappeared
- Have you seen Tom recently? No, bruh. He went ghost.  
14. Noob : newbie
Today, we've got a couple of noobs in our game.
15. Get it : understand
- You don't have to explain me more. I got it. 
- Do you get it? I have been explaining for 2 hours straight. 
16. Come again : repeat 
- Hey, bruh, you talked so fast that I could not get. Come again, please.
17. You nailed it : you've done a good job.
18. You crushed it : you did great.
19. Let's chill : Let's hang out.

20. That's dope : That's cool.
21. Sup? : What's up?
22.  Gig : work or job
23. Rookie : a beginner
24. Bummer : disappointment
25. Guts : courage or boldness
26. Vibes : feeling, atmosphere
27. Give it a shot : try it.
28. Hit me up : contact me
29. Dead tired : every tired
30. Hi: yo


Comments