Verbs to describe clothing bdmclass

Verbs to describe clothing bdmclass


 Verbs to describe clothes

Wear = put on

Take off : remove the clothes from the body

Try on : to wear clothes for a short time to see whether it fits

Zip up : to fasten the zipper

Unzip : to unfasten the zipper

Slip on : to wear something quickly like putting on slippers

Kick off : to take off clothes quickly and easily

Wrap up : to put on warm clothes during the winter

Dress up : to put on more formal clothe to especially a special occasion.

Dress down : to wear less formal or casual clothes.

Tuck in : to put the bottom of the shirt into pants

Untuck : to remove the clothe out of the pants

Roll up the sleeves : fold up the ends of the sleeves so they are shorter

Button up : fasten the shirt using the buttons

Unbutton : loosen or unfasten the shirt

Tie : to fasten together the two ends of a string

Untie : to loosen or unfasten the knot


Examples

I am wearing a T-shirt.

I am putting on a sweater.

she is trying on her new blouse.

Please zip up your pants.

She is unzipping her jeans.

When I got home, I slipped on my slippers.

When I got home, I kicked off my shoes.

Please wrap up well because it's very cold outside.

Please dress up for the wedding party tonight.

Staff can dress down on Friday and my company.

Teachers need to wear a tie and tuck in their shirt.

After teaching, teachers can untuck their shirt.

Teachers cannot roll up their sleeves while teaching.

When I was 3 years old I didn't know how to button up my shirt.

After work, I unbuttoned my shirt, kicked of my shoes and relaxed on my sofa.

Do you know how to tie you shoelaces?

When I go home, he untied his shoelaces and kick them off. 

Watch Video